Stay Updated to the Latest Blog Post!
SUBSCRIBE NOW FOR FREE!
On your wedding day, every attention is actually on you. Your guest will be nodding and smilling appreciatively as they see you coming wondering about the wedding dress you’re wearing. You imagine yourself walking down the red carpet with one of these fabulous designer wedding dresses worn by famous celebrities in the movies. You then look forward to your portraits being captured by your photographer with you wearing your gown. Try to wear a variety of styles from your favorite designer and choose just the right dress for you. Meanwhile, let’s take a cue from our favorite stars.
1. Elizabeth Taylor | Father Of The Bride
Wedding ceremony dress was made by Helen Rose, which was later on made available in the general public simply by Alfred Angelo.
2. Emily Blunt | The Young Victoria
The film’s costume designer Sandy Powell designed the dress based on the original wedding dress at Kensington Palace. It’s an ivory duchess silk satin dress with antique lace detail as well as an ivory silk satin train with silk flowers sewn on. Finished with an antique cream silk lace veil. St. George’s collar chain, antique crystal necklace and big paste broach with a sapphire-colored stone. Filmed at St. James Church.
3. Kate Hudson | Bride Wars
The classic lace and tulle wedding dress was custom made for the film and designed by Vera Wang.
4. Natalie Portman | Star Wars II
The mystical variety of Star Wars costumes were designed by Trisha Biggar, the costume designer for Star Wars prequel trilogy.
5. Sarah Jessica Parker | Sex And The City
Vivenne Westwood Gold Label Lily dress was worn by Sarah Jessica Parker in the movie.
6. Audrey Hepburn | Funny Face
The simple yet stunning wedding dress by Givenchy worn by Audrey Hepburn.
7. Amanda Seyfried | Mamma Mia!
The stunning Grecian gown was actually created by Academy Award-winning costume designer Ann Roth.
8. Nia Vardalos | Big Fat Greek Wedding
The film reveals the intricacies of a proud Greek family making non-Greeks jealous of the strong family relationships shown. Michael Clancy did the costume design for the movie.
9. Jennifer Garner | Ghosts Of Girlfriends Past
The strapless lace wedding gown is detailed with crystal beading and has a silk bow at the waistline designed by Manuel Mota.
10. Rachel McAdams | The Time Traveler’s Wife
Rachel McAdams wears a Lee-Ann Belter Bridal wedding dress called “Cecilia” that is made of silk organza and has a strapless sweetheart neckline and a soft A-line skirt.
11. Julia Roberts | Runaway Bride
Ethiopian American fashion designer and entrepreneur Amsale Aberra designed the wedding dress.
12. Kirsten Dunst | Marie Antoinette
The costumes in Marie-Antoinette were designed by Milena Canonero.
13. Marilyn Monroe | How To Marry A Millionaire
William Travilla was responsible for designing many of those outfits made famous on and off-screen by Monroe. After her mysterious death in 1962, the designer vowed to protect her memory and kept the costumes locked in his own home.
14. Robin Wright Penn | The Princess Bride
The costumes by Phyllis Dalton are charming and appropriate to the late Medieval/Renaissance Europe world.
15. Reese Witherspoon | Legally Blonde II
The gorgeous and impressive wedding dress design was carried out by Reem Acra for the film.
16. Angelina Jolie | The Good Shepherd
Cherished Bride reveal the already sold 30s dress ended up being considered one of their collection of vintage attire using elements from the Nineteen thirties deco era.
17. Sasha Barrese | Hangover
The strapless silk organza “Tyler” gown was designed by Amsale.
18. Anne Hathaway | The Princess Diaries 2
Dress was costume designed for the movie by Gary Jones.
19. Jennifer Aniston | Marley And Me
Satin floating wedding dress designed by Coral Gables
20. Krysten Ritter | Confessions Of A Shopaholic
Patricia Field, the famed costume designer behind the Sex and the City movie and television show, costume designed the gown for Confessions of a Shopaholic.
Further Readings And Resources
1. Wedding Fashion: Wedding Wardrobe Malfunctions via Theknot.com
2. Wedding Dress via Wikipedia
3. All images on this article can be found at Imdb.com